Thursday, February 25, 2010

What another great day! Again I worked the midnight shift, but that is the last one, as there are no more 3 games per day. The competition is starting to get competitive also for the volunteers as more people want the primo jobs. Last night I was lucky enough to watch the 2 and 3rd period of the BIG game. The crowd in and outside is incredible at first it is a little intimating so many people,all pumped up about the game. The police presence is very strong!
The crowd is a sea of red.. The way some people come to the games is a little bit like Halloween also, very creative people cheering on their country. The chant in the crowd last night was " Whose house is it" "it's our house".
I heard allot of people saying there is "Tiger" I couldn't figure it out until I saw that it was Tiger Williams (imagine the other Tiger at the games.) I saw Scotty Bowman and there was a few people around him but Tiger was all alone. I wonder why!
Once the game was over as you start clearing the bldg for the next game, I very happy group left, lots of high fives, the occasional hug and just one big party heading downtown.
Tonight I work 1:00 - 7:30 shift so after I plan to stay out and spend some time in the city.
It is crazy how fast the time has gone!

1 comment:

  1. This is Good Stuff, Carol.
    Keep up the Great Work.

    Ken Warden

    ReplyDelete