Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WE Want Russia, was the chant heard loudly last night at the rink, downtown, and the Sky train.
Tuesday I worked the midnight night shift, time just flew by. Game between Canada and Germany I was mostly a ticket scanner, and hand stamper for when people wanted to leave for a smoke. Very busy spot but also fun, especially when Canada is winning. There were also lots of Russians at the game, many left 10 minutes into the 3rd period. The Russians are really nice people, even though there is a strong language barrier all the ones that I have talked to are so nice, and for some reason like to hug. (could it be the Vodka) Next game Slovakia vs Norway I saw most of the game, when I say saw I mean I was in the "tunnel". You can watch the game, but you also have to pay attention to what is happening around you. But when the puck is in play you can watch.
I left after the third, game as I did not want to take a chance to miss the bus. I got home after 1:00 not to bad, but still a long day.
Another big game tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your updates. Jim says hello! He thought he saw Jim on TV at the games the other day (it might have been the Scotch!).
    Must have been a happy night at the rink...made even better by "hugging" Russians! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete