Friday, February 12, 2010

Okay this is it! The games begin today.. There is so much excitement that it is impossible not to get caught up. Heading downtown shortly to watch the final relay of the torch, then hoping to watch the opening ceremonies on a big screen.

In the category of it is a small world, yesterday at training I met, 2 girls from Beaconsfield, whose parents live in Mallorytown. Met another man from the Plateau. People from all the world have also volunteered there was a man who came all the way from Austria just to part of the games. It is time for the naysayers to realize that the games are here and no matter how much protesting etc the games will still go on.
My brother Brendan and his 3 sons arrived last night. They also have Olympic fever, and are hoping to buy some tickets. This is my last day off before I begin my work at CHP. Temperature here is a mild 10C and sunny so far, not sure of the forecast for the rest of day but it is off to a good start! The smurf outfit is waterproof so I will be fine even if it rains. The training was even exciting. We were given all sorts of scenarios of possible questions. I guess the best way to learn will be on the job training. One of the best pats of this trip has been just talking to people and getting caught up in the games and the fact that we are all very proud to be Canadians.

No comments:

Post a Comment